- To lead, take charge, and manage Ocean Department.
- Provide leadership and strategy for a sea freight operations team to promote growth within the company by realizing current and future business opportunities.
- Lead and oversee all day-to-day operations within the department to ensure that the services being provided are organized.
- Liaise with Customs, Port Authorities, and Shipping Lines as and where necessary to ensure that all rules and regulations are being followed properly.
- Liaise with all major lines and maintain a good relationship to get good rates.
- Monitoring and reporting of key performance parameters to ensure the department is running as efficiently as possible with budget planning, people and equipment resource planning, people development, and training.
- Ability to Identify business and process improvement opportunities, and provide recommendations. running of the ocean department.
- Familiar with Trade Regulatory requirements.
- Multiple account management
- Assurance, advance shipping notices, DDN approvals, DO release, SI follow-up, and assurance meeting cut-offs are all in place.
- Manage and deliver daily operations plans for past, ongoing, and future shipments