Will be responsible for negotiating pricing for current and potential clients with the intention of increasing profits and keeping costs at a minimum for the company.
- Negotiate and coordinate spot rates and/or quotations for LCL, FCL, air shipments, and all services within our client’s database.
- Display a thorough understanding of industry-related terminology and processes.
- Strategize ways of increasing profit margins while keeping costs at a minimum.
- Manage overall export and import operations.
- Develop, implement, and continuously enhance air freight forwarding operational procedures (import and export).
- Lead the negotiation of rates and contracts with air carriers.
- Collaborate with sales functions to execute business plan targets.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients, airlines, and terminals.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules based on operational requirements.
- Assist the sales team and line managers with business development and securing new business initiatives.
- Work with the pricing, operations, and accounting teams.
- Follow and implement compliance and procedures.
- Keep abreast of the freight market worldwide and provide information to all parties.
- Communicate with management on pricing desk performance and any issues that arise.
- Follow up on quotations as needed and communicate positive or negative feedback in respect of being able to source a competitive rate to support the closure of all business opportunities.
- Manage the login of all quotes and follow up on our client’s proprietary.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Perform other related duties and projects as requested or assigned by management.
- Understand clients’ needs in order to strategize the cost and pricing.